This little gem was designed to be used by those of a mystical persuasion as a way of instilling food and drinks with feelings of love and caring; but I recommend it for everyone as it is also completely delicious.
Some of the magical benefits are inherent of course due to the natural properties of the spices, but to really get the most out of your honey you must empower your herbs as well as the luscious liquid itself. It is very simple, and even a beginner can do it with ease.
If you want to use this recipe strictly for flavor, simply omit the ritual parts of the recipe, and enjoy the warm spiced honey you have created. I would still recommend letting it sit for a few weeks before using to ensure the honey has absorbed as much flavor as possible.
Witches’ Love Honey
- 1 cup pure Honey
- 2 broken Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 1 dime-sized piece of Candied Ginger
- 1 inch-long piece of Dried Lemon Peel
- 1 inch-long piece Vanilla Bean
- 1 pinch Ground Cardamom
- To charge your herbs and honey before you begin working, simply hold them in your hands -or outstretch your palms over your ingredients- as you visualize your personal power awakening and enlivening their properties. See them becoming full of power, and accomplishing the tasks you have planned for them.
- Then in a jar with a tight sealing lid combine the herbs with the honey and mix until everything is moistened thoroughly.
- Seal the jar and place it upon your altar between two pink candles.
- Light the candles as you visualize the honey glowing with pink light and pulsing with good feelings of love.
- Allow the candles to burn out, and store the honey away from light for one lunar cycle before using.
- Add small portions to food or beverages to promote good feelings of love
Fridays are sacred to Venus Goddess of Love; the New Moon is a time of renewal and beginnings which is perfect for creating magic; and the Full Moon is a time of fulfillment and high energy which can be used to add immense power to your work.
It is wise to be in tune with the heavens when working magic, as the energy patterns they create can help or hinder your work greatly. This is also a wonderful recipe to create in circle, and can easily be adapted into your seasonal or lunar celebrations.
This recipe was adapted from The Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews by Scott Cunningham
All images in this post were taken from Google.com
This video is absolutely fantastic. It deals with the issue of how unloving our world can be, and what we can do to change that.
I have been following Jimmy for a few months on his Feast of Fiction Channel (which is totally awesome), but I just recently found his personal vlogging channel.
Lately he has started a new web show about dreams, and I have loved every moment. He promotes keeping a dream diary, sharing your dreams, and trying to understand them. He personally shares his dreams with his viewers, along with inspirational messages.
This is one of his best. Enjoy, and take something from his words. We need much more love in our world.
To view his other dream vlogs click here, and I would heavily recommend subscribing.